Invited to play cricket at Mile Gully.
- Tour Mile Gully All-Age School, presented a sundry of school supplies.
- Vision - need for improvement and update.
- Cricketers went back to Milwaukee and a comprehensive visionary work went into effect.
- Mile Gully High School was presented with one personalized computer complete with a Printer.
- A 2 1/2 horse power electric plane for the carpentry and drawing department.
- Basic School supplies.
- Academic scholarship of seven hundred dollars (US$700.00) equivalent to J$23,000.00 per year. Renewable up to five years for one student who wishes to continue studies in Jamaica.
- April 1997
Criteria recommended by Ann Marie Smith (chairperson) for the scholarship were:
Good academic achievement, involved in the school and community activities, financial needs and high moral standards. Continuation of the scholarship was based on the student's satisfactory discipline and academic progress.
- Mile Gully High School was presented with 24 computers, 1 laptop computer.
- With individual workstation to house the computers they were given.
- The computer room was named "The Milwaukee Cricket Club Computer Laboratory."
The presentation was made on April 11, 1998. This event was televised by the local TV station.
A plaque was presented to the scholarship recipient, Natasha Gordon.
- April 1998
PROPOSAL FOR 1999:
- - Offer a one-year scholarship for another student.
- - Continue scholarship for the first recipient.
- - Work with facility staff to build woodwork department - not date set for completion.
- - Will need woodwork equipment to furnish the department.
- - Will provide at least 50 scientific computers to the school.
- - Provide sosftware for computer lab.